Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doggie treat dillema resolved!

I love buying different treats for my Pomeranian, but it turns out he's very picky about his snacks! He won't eat everything I give him, and his favorite ones are so unhealthy it makes me cringe when I look at the ingredient list! I love my dog and at the same time I don't want him to eat unhealthy garbage, I also want to spoil him every now and then. The perfect solution to feeding him a special treat is something straight from my fridge's veggie drawer, raw baby carrot sticks! He goes crazy for them, and unlike most dog treats, it's low calorie and preservative free! They are fine to give to them raw and also frozen, but because dogs don't have the digestive enzymes to break down raw veggies, you can cook or purée it if you want your pup to get the full benefit of carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment